Saturday, March 14, 2015

007



hey friends

just a random doodle dump

haven't really been drawing, feel real rusty
or maybe its cos my hands are numb cos it's getting cold again

Since my last post I watched:
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (co-created by Tina Fey) in its entirety... it's charming and smart, yet it deals with race quite poorly which makes it so much worse than if it were in something bad.
There are also bits of humour meant for children, though maybe that's intentional. Maybe it's meant to be a show for kids?
I'm not that familiar with Tina Feys writing but honestly this show doesn't seem to take it's audience seriously at times.

Louie - S1 and halfway through S2
This is a show that is brutally honest and ordinary and earnest.
It doesn't tell a story through the normal 3 act structure, rather it tells a 2 or 3 different stories (usually).
But these stories being so brutally honest hit you hard, whether it be about dealing with being a single parent, fatherhood, relationships, sex, loneliness, suicide. It's not a traditional sitcom. It has bits of humour but it's not about being funny but rather about the complications of life. I'm actually not sure whether I love it or just like it. It's so grounded in reality that it's at times "boring" for lack of a better word. But it's so profound and poignant at times that I can't help but be drawn to it. 

anyway: